Offloading operation of ASL Vessels

Offloading distributes processing tasks among Experience Manager instances in a topology. With offloading, you can use specific Experience Manager instances for performing specific types of processing. Specialized processing enables you to maximize the usage of available server resources.

Though I am not a Mariner, I have a sort of experience on offloading operations. My present job is in a marine company. We deal with ships and logistics. So, as a business deal, A company named ASL Marine hired us for helping them to send their ships to Jamuna Bridge for the construction purpose. We helped them to offload the ships, Tugs and Anchor Boats from the Barges which they sent to Jamuna from Matarbari outer anchorage.




It wasn't an easy job to accomplish at a time. We needed to do a plan, waited for a certain time to calm down the river. Called two of our Tugs to help for mooring and towing purpose. Commanding from my Technical Manager, we arranged the ropes and cranes. I was in the lead role to manage the crane operators and to command them for rising and moving their crane boom as they are foreigner (Indonesian).

During offloading operation some workers got injured, and one of the day I also had an injury in my hand at the time of unlocking the cradle of ship by adjustable wrench. But after completing the operation we feel much excited as we are benefited for the work done.

After every offloading operation, our hearts were filled with joy. As it is my first job, I feel a drastic improvement of leadership skill of myself. I hope it will help me to move forward as a well knowledged engineer.

No comments

Theme images by 5ugarless. Powered by Blogger.